I are looking for experts to assist me with writing articles reviewing the top places and services in Chiang Rai. I plan to publish 2-4 articles of “The Best” every month – you can help be part of that judgemental process.
What I’m looking for:
- Thoughtful, well-written examples of your work. This could be a blog, a short story, a poem, or a sarcastic letter to your landlord. I don’t care. As long as it keeps me interested.
- Proper English, grammar, spelling, and so on.
- The ability to compare places honestly, without bias, friends’ influences, or bribes.
How would it work?
- Send me your examples and we’ll discuss
- If approved, we discuss what possible articles you are interested in writing. Possible topics of interest:
- Best 5-10 (fill in the blank – cafes, a genre of food, places with good WiFi, gift stores, etc…)
- Best Hidden Gems in (certain areas of town or all of CR)
- Top Places for date night / family fun / nerds / craft beer enthusiasts
- New (fill in the blank) in the last month/year
- Interviews with local business owners
- Reviews of weekly/monthly/yearly events
- Day trip recommendations
- Bucket lists
- You have one month to complete your research and article. You will send me the rough draft, and I may request up to one revision.
- You submit your final article. I remain the rights to alter, edit, or improve anything that I feel needs to be changed. I will alert you to any alterations before the article is published and I tell you of the publication date.
- You submit any receipts to me, and I reimburse up to the agreed about baht of what you paid to research the topic. I will also pay you for the article via PayPal. (Fees from PayPal may apply.)
- The article is published, you are alerted, and we will advertise it on our social media outlets, email newsletters, etc.
Because this is a *very* small production, I can offer the following:
- 350 baht stipend if you choose to review food, cafes, massage places, etc. We will work together on what is reasonable for reimbursement. Proofs of receipts are required.
- 350 baht commission per article, paid upon submission of the piece.
- Credits, with your own profile page with your photo, bio, and links to any personal projects you may have.
Help me explore Chiang Rai and discover the very best in it.
If you are interested, please contact me.